If you’re looking to buy an electric toothbrush, then this is the article you need to read. With so many different toothbrushes on the market today, it’s hard to know which product to choose. That’s where this article comes in.
The Benefits of Using an Electric Toothbrush
As any dentist will tell you, manual toothbrushes don’t clean teeth anywhere near as thoroughly as electric ones do. The main reason for this is obvious, because an electric motor is able to move much faster than a human hand will ever be able to. In addition to this, electric toothbrushes that have rotating brush heads are much more able to reach areas that a manual toothbrush will probably miss, such as the gum line and between the teeth. They are also great for people who have health issues which restrict their movement, for example arthritis.
Features of a Good Electric Toothbrush
- Replaceable Brush Heads: Some cheaper electric toothbrushes are intended to be disposable and therefore do not come with replaceable brush heads. You definitely want to go for a toothbrush that has replaceable brush heads, because this means you will be able to use the toothbrushes for a very long time. Also, check to make sure you are able to easily buy new brush heads from most shops. Also check the price of the brush heads. It’s no good paying a reasonable price for a quality electric toothbrush only to be charged the Earth just to replace the brush heads.
- Rechargeable: Rechargeable toothbrushes are great because it means you don’t have to buy any batteries for them. Just keep them charged up and then brush away.
- Timer: Dentists recommend cleaning your teeth for a total of 2 minutes. Many toothbrushes come with a timer which will tell you when those two minutes are up. sonicare vs oral b electric toothbrush
- Good Brush Head Design: The brush heads should be designed for maximum brushing effectiveness, and should be able to reach all areas of your teeth and gums for a thorough clean.
- Durable: It’s all very well paying for a top quality electric toothbrush that thoroughly cleans your teeth, but this is no good if it stops working after a couple of months. Be sure to check customer reviews to make sure nobody has had a bad experience with a particular toothbrush.
Top Electric Toothbrush Brands and their ProductRanges
- Oral B: $2-$200. Number 1 toothbrush brand, with many products covering a wide range of prices. 89 products available.
- Braun: $12-$100. Another good toothbrush brand, with a good range of different products. 34 products in total.
- Philips Sonicare: $17-$450. Another top brand, with a good number of toothbrushes across a wide range. 25 products available.
- Sonicare: $35-$200. Another top brand, with a good number of toothbrushes across a wide range. 24 products available.
- Crest: $5-$16. Very low budget toothbrushes. 24 products available.
- Tooth Tunes: $7-$36. Fun toothbrushes for children. 13 products available.
- Cybersonic: $49-$80. Not a big product range. Only 11 products available.
- Colgate: $2-$15. Small selection of low priced electric toothbrushes.